Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Update Oct 2010

So, for those who are unaware, my husband and I have been trying to have a baby. The only problem - I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS.

The update:
I started with natural, 1 year, and my family doctor. Nothing. I didn't even have a period, and for those of you who don't know - no period means no ovulation.
Then in January of this year, I was referred to an OBGYN. Who is one of the better doctors that I have ever met. Of course, he is a he, and I have never had a male doctor before.

So, I was nervous my first appointment. But, he ended up being one of the best doctors I have met, and I work in the medical field. So, I have been on a drug called Clomid for the better part of this year. I had been increased to the highest dose - 200mg - and I still failed to ovulate.

So, after much deliberation I was referred to a Reproductive Endocrinologist. This guy - I just don't know. I can't tell if I like him or not. He seems judgmental and uninterested. But, I have my second appointment with him on Friday and this time it's an ultrasound whilst on my period. I am thoroughly disgusted by the idea, and I have been having the worst period EVER.

So, now I get a ultrasound while bleeding. Gross. Than I'm not entirely sure what is going to happen. I think its two days of pills followed by injections. The doctor made it seem like this treatment was very reliable and should work. It apparently works for most of his patients with PCOS.

The only problem - the cost. I don't know if my insurance covers it, and I have to pay out of pocket than get reimbursed. My first appointment was 250 dollars, and this next one - minimum 190 dollars. I am very nervous. I may not be poor, but I'm not rolling in the dough either.

The good news, there is hope. My cousin who has a tilted uterus and only one ovary (due to a tubal pregnancy a year ago) is pregnant! It truly is a miracle.

My sister in law that has Lupus is also knocked up. So, there is hope out there. An update to follow Friday night.

I have been skeptical for a while since I have lost 6 pant sizes since January and have seen no results. But when I hear a story about miracles, I can't help but hope.

1 comment:

  1. I have had fibromyalgia for 30 years and it flared up so bad when I hit 50 the only thing that really makes a difference then was a keto diet. The difference is ASTOUNDING in fatigue, brain fog and inflammation. I feel almost human. I have trouble sticking to it though. Thankfully I found Dr Itua who resides from west africa in which I purchased a herbal product to finally get rid of this horrible disease, I drank Dr Itua herbal medicine for one months and I got healed once and for all I'm healthy.
    Dr Itua herbal medicine cure all sort of human diseases and infections with natural herbs made by Dr Itua herbal center, for any enquiry about Dr Itua contact his email address: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or visit his website www.drituaherbalcenter.com to read all the diseases that Dr Itua can cure with his herbal medicines.
    Dr Itua herbal medicine got me back into it.

    ReplyDelete